Did some programming on my “MFDs” last night. They start coming to live with proper game data from #EliteDangerous 😁 All duct tape and JS plumbing. Sorry for shaky cam. Couldn’t be arsed with the tripod at 1:30 am.
Here is a close up picture without all the shaking:
The animations are made possible with ARWES.dev – a library designed to create futuristic user interfaces (FUIs) fast.
This is the result of a live stream where I’m implementing my proof of concept of using a Neopixel string as status indicators for Elite Dangerous in my SimPit.
It was a mixed stream of GER/ENG (subtitles to follow) and consists of three parts: Reproducing the proof of concept, implementing the solution with a whopping amount of 17 LED indicators and finally a test run in the game at the end.
I made some progress on the status indicators and attached three Neopixels for testing. I’m controlling them via NodeRED where I’m faking the Status JSON file from Elite Dangerous so I can play with the flags a little bit.
I’m really happy with this, because with the same logic I can basically drive as many LED as I want as long as I provide enough power to have all LED going at the same time. This Proof of concept works just fine.
Seems to work nice with my DIY headtracker on Linux PC too. Sadly I got quite some frame-drops due to recording (and probably multi-head too). It works way better without all the cameras and a life-stream going on but I think it’s enough to get a good impression. Botched emergency landing included xD
Warning: This may fuel a desire to re-watch the BSG series again 😀