I’m having way too much fun with this. Did some plumbing today and this is the result 😀
I patched the http server of https://github.com/Alia5/X4-rest-server/ to send Access-Control-Allow-Origin so the browser wouldn’t refuse to load. Could set up a proxy but I wanted results fast xD
The flight instruments are from https://github.com/uw-ray/Skyhawk-Flight-Instruments and are not for #x4foundations obviously.
- Speed is also mapped to ALT as Fast Travel speed
- It reads just the camera position and not really the ship position (and since there is no up and down in space it settles fast on the new artificial horizon – may need some more tuning)
- Plumbed the speed to the pressure so it starts creeping up from 27.1 inHg to 33 inHg (max on the instrument) when speed goes over 200. Just for fun.
- Turn Coordinator is just Camera yaw + left or right based on mouse/pointer X.
- Some target data as proof of concept
This worked out better than expected and the best thing is: Doesn’t need to run on the same computer – it just has to be on the net so a tiny Raspberry and some external display would be enough for some fun cockpit building 8)